Saturday, December 1, 2007

So it's starting to slow down... 40 plus days left and i'll be headed home... a few cool beers and a real bed are waiting for me.

My vollie department back home had a few calls over Thanksgiving... a Drowning and a few rollovers... the victim of the drowning was the father of 2 sons that died in a confined space poisoning.. a total of 3 died in the condined space emergency.. i can only imagine the grief this man delt with.. though i do not condone suicide., it's sad to hear of the great loss to the family. I hope they all rest in peace.

Rollovers on Thanksgiving were nothing more than speed+ice=disaster.

Out here on the other side of the world.. it's been quiet.. no calls on my shift.. my only irritation is a little something i've picked up on my arms from what i thought was heat rash, but now i'm starting to wonder what the heck it is.. i've gone to the doctor to have it looked at and he gave me some ointment to slather on 3 times daily.. hopefully this heals soon.

As you may or may not have picked up in my comments or on a few of the forums i frequent.. i completed my Haz-Mat Technician course.. I'm officially a part of the mop and glow legion.. I also just finished up my Pumper Driver/Operator certs and will test out of Mobile Water Supply this week sometime... that will complete my 5 level certification and hopefully that will make me eligible for putting on my next rank; Staff Sergeant.. on top of this, this also makes me eligible to compete for a state firefighting job at almost any state run fire department. Next Air Force certification will be Instructor I, but i think i would like to concentrate on getting my EMT-B certification..

Anyways.. i hate to bore y`all with my rambling.. just been a ton on the docket and just finished up a big portion of my time killer so i thought i would pass on the latest. Hope all has been well in your neck of the woods!

Stay Low..

-Damien

2 comments:

The Original MAJ said...

Nice job D. Hard work pays off. Good to see a blog entry that's longer than 5 sentences. :P

Ace said...

EMT would definately benefit you as well, due to the fact that it's becoming a requirement anymore for any firefighting job. As if we didn't have enough tasked on us, now they're shoving medical down our throats! As you can tell, I don't care for the medical side of this job, but the things you gotta do for the love of this job!

I'm still laughing about the Mop and Glow Legion...I've never heard that one! Take care, and count down them days!!!